what to cook for toy poodle that does not like to eat kibbles or can dog/cat food

toy poodle 7 month old male, does not like to eat dog kibbles or dog cans, nor drink water by himself, he likes cottage cheese and yoghurt, any food or water left during the day is not touched

Asked by Member 630423 on May 7th 2008 Tagged dogfeeding, toypoodle in Homemade Food

Best Answer

What you can do to make him eat it is put it down for 15 minutes a day. If he doesn't eat it within 15 minutes, put it up for the next day and don't give him anything else. He'll soon learn to eat it within 15 minutes.
Or you could just leave it out all day and don't feed him anything else so that if he's hungry he will eat it. But, I prefer the former way myself.

Gray Dawn Treader answered on May 7th.

Answers

♥Tiffy♥

I agree with Dawntreader..........my Tiffy used to be a very picky eater and I would cater to her and fix her something else. That soon became expensive and time consuming. Even though she is my baby, she had to learn to eat what I gave her or she wouldn not eat otherwise unless she got treats or pieces of my table food. Now, if she doesn't eat the food when I put it out for her in the mornings, I let it sit there all day and she eventually eats it like right before bed time.

♥Tiffy♥ answered on 5/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Miss Buddie

There are definitely people who do the homemade diet and love it. There are some good forums here on Dogster that can teach you how to do that.

If it's just a picky eater, I agree with the other posters. If this poodle is smart enough to play you, he's smart enough not to starve himself to death. BOL

Miss Buddie answered on 5/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

~&hearts~ Tinkerbell ~&hearts~

chicken and rice and nutri-cal for the vitamins he needs.

~&hearts~ Tinkerbell ~&hearts~ answered on 5/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I have a grandfather who feeds his chiuahua roticere chicken everyday, he will not feed him dog food. Of course I guess if I had that kind of money my dogs would be eating fine meals everyday too. In my honest opinion if he gets hungry believe me he will eat.