what stores allow dogs to shop with you? (besides petsmart, petco, & centinela pet stores) we live in torrance.

Asked by Member 663430 on Jul 29th 2008 in General

Answers

Oscar

Hi! I'm not sure where Torrance is as I'm in CO, BUT I can tell you that any place that has food is a "no-no". The other thing is if your dog is a therapy dog, you can take him/her anywhere even food/resturants. And legally you can only be asked if your dog is a service dog, and which service it provides. You do not need to go into any detail on that.
So just remember no animals where food is sold.

Oscar answered on 7/29/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Ginger Smiles Primm

I just found out Lowes is pet friendly.

Ginger Smiles Primm answered on 7/29/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Saint Raphael

Be careful with Lowe's, I worked there for two years. I actually looked up the written policy and it states service dogs only. However, for the majority of the two years I was there we all allowed dogs in if they were in baskets, regarless of size. BUT, the last 6 months I was there we got a new zone manager who was a prick and told people to not bring their dogs in anymore. So even though some Lowe's may seem dog friendly at the time, just be aware that they can ask you to leave.

It really just depends on the manager.

Saint Raphael answered on 7/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Most stores that carry pet or livestock items will welcome your dog inside. Where I'm at, we have a number of pet stores as well as feed stores that allow dogs. A lot of hiking and outdoor stores allow dogs.

Some home improvement stores like Lowe's and Home Depot allow dogs. Their corporate policy states "service dogs only", but some local managers allow dogs inside. Our local Lowe's allows dogs.

Other stores may let you bring your dog in if you ask nicely and your dog is well behaved. Stick your head in and ask, "May I bring my dog in?"

Do NOT listen to the first poster's advice on therapy dogs and service dogs. A therapy dog is not a service dog and has no right to public access except to the specific facilities the dog works at and then only on specific times and days. Only service dogs have public access rights and only if they are with a disabled person.

Odie-Wan-Kenobi  CGC

I know that Lowe's usually allows pets. So do most other pet shops. I usually follow the rules of
1. If the store sells food don't even try to bring your dog in, most food stores don't welcome dogs unless their service dogs
2. ALWAYS ask the manager of the store before coming in, just because they don't sell food and there's no "no dogs" sign doesn't mean their pet friendly

Odie-Wan-Kenobi CGC answered on 8/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer