What should I expect after getting my 2 yr old female husky fixed

She 2 yrs old an mixed with Alaskan and siberian husky and she weighs 26 pds full grown she getting fixed next week just trying to find out if my sweet lovable husky is going to change for the worse after she gets fixed please help and thank you

Asked by Member 1135998 on Oct 15th 2012 Tagged spayed, behavior, withfemalehuskies in Other Behavior & Training

Best Answer

When I had my husky spayed, her personality didn't change at all. The challenge was keeping her from physical activity while she was healing. You want to be clear about whether followup care is included in the surgical fee. As you may know, it's all go with them after a day or so of being sad about stuff, so I had to take her back when she popped an external stitch. Look out for a post-surgical bladder infection, which was cleared up my some antibiotics. Otherwise the only change was that all the neighborhood male dogs stopped lurking in the yard and trying to break into my house twice a year.

Libby answered on Oct 17th.

Answers

She shouldn't change much at all. If she's lovable, then she'll stay lovable. The only thing you have to worry about is making sure she stays quiet while she recovers. Good Luck with her. :)