Mya

What should I do if my dogs leg is hurt the vet is out?

My dog Mya was running and triped and landed funny on her back left leg. now she wont walk on it or put pressure on it but she will walk on the other three realitivley fine. Im very worrried because this has never happened before. The worst part is that the vet is closed for the day and I dont know what to do to help her until we can get an appointment in. PLEASE HELP

Asked by Mya on Oct 17th 2012 Tagged dog, hurt, back, left, paw, please, help, woof in Exercise

Answers

If you think it's broke, then I would get her to an emergency vet ASAP! She may have bruised it or twisted it. In that case, keep her quiet with crate rest until tomorrow when you can get her to the vet. Good Luck!

I agree if it looks broken, you need to find another vet and not let this go. If it is just like a bruise or sprain, just keeping them calm for a few days should get them back to health.

defiantly get her to the vet as soon as possible. It sounds like she may have torn her acl. I just took my Chihuahua to the vet for this. IN large dogs weighing over 30 pounds may require surgery. My vet and I decided on a cast for about a month I sure hope this works. I'll be thinking of you and mya. Good luck and god bless