What should I do about my aggressive female boxer?

My 1 year old intact female boxer has been aggressive since she went into heat. I have seen similar questions but she doesn't have problems with other dogs. It's people she has a problem with. Mainly males and children. She is ok when meeting most females and other dog owners (as long as the dog is present). She's also great with people she knew before she went into heat (including kids) but now I have to lock her up when my roommates friends come over and when my nieces and nephews are here. I don't know what to do! My fiancé thought it was just a phase but its been 4 months! Will getting her fixed help? I'm afraid to have anyone train her because of how aggressive she is. Please help!

Asked by Member 1185001 on Aug 10th 2013 Tagged intactfemale, aggressive, aggressivetowardkids in Aggression

Answers

Yes, getting her fixed should help. So will treat training (only treat for positive gains). She may have picked up some bad habits from a combination of hormones and being locked up in a room with not much to do. Eventually the hostility will subside; take her to the vet after her cycle. Give her a Greenie as a treat when she is behaving. Calming spray with pheromones is a natural option when she seems to be in an angry mood and might help. There are also calming drops that you can add to her water daily- I have never tried them because Tash is mellow, and they are at pet stores. ^_^