What should I do about bad dog dandruff?

My two year old shiba inu has really bad dandruff. Our newest dog brought fleas into our home and it seems my shiba got the worst of it. Although the fleas are gone and he's no longer itchy, the dandruff is covers his back. He's on Wellness, gets his daily dose of fish oil, sleeps indoors, and gets plenty of exercise. We've tried oatmeal baths, but that doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

Asked by Member 1073098 on Nov 25th 2011 Tagged dandruff in Skin Problems

Answers

Boomer AKA Dogface

I rescued a 2 year old rednose pitbull and he had really bad dandruff and a flea allergy and we asked the vet about it and he told us to give him a single pill of Benadryl a day. After a couple weeks, a diet change, and a few oatmeal baths later he quit being so itchy and started to have no skin issues at all. It is definitely something to talk to the vet about, but it's a suggestion.

Good Luck!

Boomer AKA Dogface answered on 11/26/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer