what kind of puppy do i have? chi spaniel?

the people i got her form barely spoke english and said she was simply a chihuahua. im thinking she could be part cocker spaniel as well...? what do you think?

ive heard a lot of people say she looks like a lab. but she def has a chihuahua body.

[IMG]i52.tinypic.com

[IMG]i51.tinypic.com

[IMG]i55.tinypic.com

Asked by Member 1026957 on Mar 17th 2011 Tagged puppy, chihuahua, cockerspaniel, breed, identity, toy, cute, chipaniel, chispaniel, small, spoiled in Cocker Spaniel

Answers

Looks like a Chi to me... just that her ears never came up. Ear set makes such a difference in "breed character" than when you change that one little thing, it changes the whole look of the dog. Too bad you didn't post any of her standing from the side (kinda like a show pose) so we could evaluate her stance and bone structure too, they are really telling in breed identification. If she's really young (you didn't say) the ears might still come up. But if she's older than six months, it's unlikely.

I think if she is mixed, it's not spaniel anyway, because spaniels all have suck huge ears and they are rounded, not pointed at the tips like you girl.

There are DNA tests out that now that purport to evaluate your dogs genes for the "genetic signatures" of a variety of breeds. It's about 70 bucks now, you might try it if your curiosity is too much to bear.

First off....I think its a Chihauha and a Lab dog mix...So cute though!...since her ears are floppy and kinda pointy...Floppy-Lab Pointy-Chi

Second..DNA tests are more likely will give you A LOT of different breeds...I dont like to waste 70-+ just for a naming of a bunch of dogs that doesnt even look like your dog....

Dont do a DNA tests...Like Bruno said...Just love the dog for who they are not what Breed they look/are....lol

So Im guessing- Lab/Chi Mix?..Cute dog!!

I'm going to say that she is a - Chihuahua/Cavalier King Charles Spaniel mix.

She is adorable!

Looks like a longhaired chihuahua to me. She is still very young for her ears to have gone up, they most likely will when she is older.