Toda

What kind of puppy do I have?

Hi, I just got a puppy. Its been through several people who were unstable and couldnt keep it with there living situation. So, I was wondering if anyone could tell by the pictures on here what kind of breed this dog is? I know he has some kind of pit in him but what else? I will answer any information that is needed to find this out. Just ask.

Thanks.
Austin & Toda(puppy)

Asked by Toda on Mar 7th 2008 Tagged breed, puppy, pitbull, pit, pitbull, help, what, kind, of, dog, am, i in Breeds

Best Answer

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!!

Looks like you have youorself a little Pit pup.They do come in black with white tips on feet and tail and patches on their chest so that is a hard way to judge what he may be mixed with.
You may not be able to tell until he is about 9 months old. The other thing that may have happened is that you got a Pit puppy that is just "Back yeard bred" and it may be a pure pit.Just not of good quality.
We will watch him grow and see what he turns out to be.

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!! answered on Mar 7th.

Answers

Cooper

I think he's pit/lab or pit/ boarder collie. The head is defintely pit, you can tell by the ears, the shape of the head and nose and eyes. But the black with the white tips on his toes and on his chest could be lab or boarder collie. I would lean more toward the pit/boarder collie due to coloring. I hope this helps.

Cooper answered on 3/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I agree with the last answer.

There is no way to tell 100% what mix your dog is. A DNA test would help, but it's not 100% accurate. There are some breeds which it cannot identify.

Those two pictures were really cute! But 2 really aren't enough.
Have fun with your little Pittie!

My guess is actually staffordshire terrier, which can look a lot like pit or other bully breed terriers, but is a bit on the shorter side.

If you look up pics of them online, you'll see what I mean about the difference between them.

Try googling American Staffordshire Terrier Puppies and American Pit Bull Puppies and see what you think....

The staffies do come in black and white, and if the fur is shorter, it could be that he's got anything going on in there, from lab somewhere back in his lineage to....??? who knows what!

He's pretty cute, though. He's lucky you found him and are providing him with the stable home he so desperately needed. Well done!

Miss Buddie

There's definitely some Pit or Staffie in there. Whatever he is, it's too cute!

Miss Buddie answered on 3/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer