Aly

What is this gunk in my dog's eye? (Not the normal eye gunk)

The past 2 days she's been getting this pastey, light greenish yellowish gunk from one of her eyes. The other eye is still making the same normal eye junk that even humans get. But the pastey stuff has me worried.

Could a change in diet be a possible cause?

If anyone has had any experience with this kind of eye gunk, and knows anything about it, please give me some insight =)

And don't tell me to "OMG GO TO THE VET" because that's pretty obvious =P

Asked by Aly on Apr 19th 2009 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Hello - It may be an allergy and now the eye has a slight infection ....
here is some info to help on ointment and no vet is needed:
eye ointment for Scottie dog / no vet:
en.allexperts.com

Min Pin and eye allergy ///
en.allexperts.com

Ruby

she may have an eye infection or worse a scratched cornea. either way a visit to the vet is wise.

Ruby answered on 4/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I am sorry but the color of the eye discharge does need to be seen by the vet. If the discharge is green, yellow, red, pink then chances are she is sick. She might have a slight eye infection or it could be paired with a chest infection as well. It wouldn't be her diet. If it was just dirt dust or outside factors it would be blackish color, :)