What is this dog mixed with? If anything? PART 2

I posted earlier, but can't edit the post..

This is Brody, a 1 year old dog. We think he's pure Yellow Lab, but other people have questioned it. We think he could be a "Dudley Lab" since he has a lighter color to him and a pink nose and yellow-ish eyes.

Below are the pictures of Brody! Click and they'll get bigger..

Thank you!

img.photobucket.com

img.photobucket.com

img.photobucket.com

img.photobucket.com

Asked by Member 1080623 on Dec 29th 2011 Tagged labmix in Mixed Breeds

Answers

Looks like a purebred labrador to me, and I've raised and shown them for 35+ years.
Dudley nose refers to the color of his nose, NOT his breed, so he would still be a labrador retriever, color yellow.
FYI, that color nose and eye rims results from breeding chocolates and yellows together, something responsible breeders will not do as it is a disqualification for the standard.
However, it doesn't hurt the dog at all so it is NOT a health issue, just a breeding one.

Sampson

LOL, I was about to answer, and saw that Toto already got it. Dudley is just what you call any yellow Lab with a brown nose and eye rims. It's not necessarily a sign of bad breeding, since the chocolate gene is recessive and could pop up by accident.

Labs are such a variable breed, and have so many lines and types, that just because he looks different from other Labs you've seen doesn't mean he's a mutt. Sampson is also a tall, thin Lab, very different from the short, heavy type that is commonly seen.

Sampson answered on 12/29/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

He's a beautiful dog! He doesn't look mixed, I'm going to say he's a purebred Lab.

Cobain ADC, SGDC, CGN

He looks purebred to me.
Remember that purebred does not always necessarily mean bred to standard.

Being a "Dudley" lab would be an example of not being to standard.
The long face is another indicator.

Yes, he may not look like all the pictures of Labs in shows, but that doesn't mean he isn't purebred.

Cobain ADC, SGDC, CGN answered on 12/31/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Coot

He looks purebred to me. As Sampson says there are variables within the breed. Not every yellow lab looks exactly the same.
As for what other people say. I've had people think Coot is a Beagle mix because he's taller than what most people think of when they think Beagle. But Coot is a registered purebred beagle, and 15 inch height is within the standard.

Coot answered on 1/2/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Charlie

He looks like a Lab Hound mix.

Charlie answered on 1/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer