Bandit

What is the right size crate for a Pembroke Welsh Corgi?

He is one year old and weights 22 pounds & the vet said he would probably gain another 10.

Asked by Bandit on Jul 12th 2011 Tagged crate, size, corgi, petproducts in Carriers, Crates & Kennels

Answers

A crate should be large enough for him to lay flat on his side and not be at all cramped.

This crate may be about right:
www.dogkennelsandcrates.com
I like General cage best. Metal pan, sturdy, but safe, double latches with one handle operation. (I had a puppy that could open the lift and slide latch from inside). Folds down easy if you have to move it.

If I had to do it over again, (knowing I would forever have a crate in my family room), I'd spend the big bucks and get the wooden end table crate.

Gia

I agree with the other answerer, if he is going to be in it long, get a big one, but if he's only in it for a while I would get one that allows him to lie down, sit, and stand up without hitting his head, he should alos be able to turn around, try some out :)

Gia answered on 7/12/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I like the iCrate, Petmate Ultra and Remington dog crates.