what is the result if you mate a MOTHER and HER SON shih tzu?

What are the results of mating a mother with her son?

Asked by Member 1001690 on Aug 23rd 2010 Tagged shihtzu in Answers

Answers

Ch.

Possible birth defects, temperamentally unsound pups, sick pups...This is strongly not advised.

Ch. "Dancer" answered on 8/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 4 Report this answer

Ditto.

Jazzy

Ditto X 3. Why would you want to do that???? That's like a human son having intimate intercourse with his mother and actualy having a little brother and a son at the same time. Can you say GROSS!!! Plus you'll introduce hereditary diseases to the puppies and they will most likely display these issues early in life instead of later in life.

Jazzy answered on 8/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

People in our town recently did that... out of five pups, FOUR have already died from massive heart problems and the fifth has such severe skin issues she is now hospitalized. They were (are) almost five months old now. They have left six new families totally devastated!
I would certainly get a spay/abort if this has already happened.

Ty

If there is some genetic problems in the line, you would double up by breeding so close. Then again there could be no problems at all. I have a 15 year old that was a result of a close breeding and he is doing fine. So it can be done, but it really is not the best idea. My dog was an accidental breeding so a planed breeding of this close really could be bad. I would look for another dog outside of the breeding line.

Ty answered on 8/24/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

That's called Inbreeding and it could be disasterous.
Did you know that even though they might appear healthy after birth that later on say when a loving family has them for maybe 2 yrs then suddenly are sick with many different things and suffer. Then that would not be fair.
I'd say don't do it and spay/neuter your dogs. We have so many dogs in shelters like this.

Starbutt

This is called in line breeding and AKC accepts this. I have had this with one dog, pups were fine but DON'T MATE BROTHER AND SISTER this is to close breeding. The AKC accepts this because it is to tighten up the blood lines I fail to see how but they do. I dislike this practice to close for me.

All that answered this are true to their word.

ps the breeding betrween mother and son was a accident.

Why do you asked?

Starbutt answered on 9/5/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer