what is the normal average weight of a six week old female english mastiff?

Asked by Member 602440 on Mar 25th 2009 in Health & Safety

Answers

I don't know, but if I did, it wouldn't tell you much about one that you had. If you have one, you should be feeding a puppy chow now. Switching to an adult chow for the larger breeds at 4 months, slows growth and helps develop sturdier joints.

Your dog definitely should be narrower at the waist than the hips and chest. You should be able to easily feel the ribs, but not see them. Each dog is different. Standard recommendations are a good place to start, but each dog must have its food and exercise adjusted to its individual needs. Here is a link to a good illustrated guide, www.longliveyourdog.com

You shouldn't even have her at 6 weeks!!!!! But thats neither here nor there... There is an average weight chart but its crap... My boy has been below it, with it, and above it at all different stages. The best thing I can tell you is that if she has a healthy apetite and no ribs or spine are prominently poking through, then she's fine. She's still too young to be away from her siblings, but theres nothing you can do about it now. Their weight fluctuates so much as they grow, and different lines mature at different rates, so as long as she is healthy, thats all you need to worry about!

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on 3/26/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Papabear

hey! i have an english mastiff pup too. but mines is a boy. When I got him at 11weeks, he was 27lbs. i know that doesn't help much because your pup is female, and min is male, but maybe you could do some serious math to figure it out. Other than that i would say check out growth charts, or ask your vet.

Papabear answered on 3/31/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer