What is the lump under my dog's skin?

The left side of the picture is my dog's leg, the right side is his rib cage. He has a flat growth under his skin and probably above his muscle. It's a couple millimeters thick, but it's been getting longer over the past couple months (from a couple inches long to probably about 11 now). It doesn't seem like it bothers him at all. If I go to the vet, they'll probably do a fine needle biopsy and even if it's cancer I don't know if we'd decide to pay for surgery. I haven't found any pictures online that look like this flat growth. Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks

Asked by Mulligan on Jul 13th 2013 Tagged growth, lump in Skin Problems

Take your dog to the vet immediately.

hi-mulligan-I will address this to your mom/dad the vet will say a biopsy-the only way to know, my lasha coco had a mct gd2 removed-9/2009 ok-

he is 15/16 and islosin weight, eating good so something bad is going on. he had a full blood test done t4,cbc,chem panels,nushing or thyoid. mcts are gaded if comes back gd1/2 there is a good chance of living, gd3/4 surgery must have chemo,radiation.-must get surrounding tissues not to spread. or dogster-look forme under senior dog-I hope I was helpful been down that road.bye.lydia