What is the cone like bump growing on my dogs nose?? Help please!

I saw a small white dot on my 11 month old white lab mixes nose about 2 months ago. Since, it has grown from a dot, to a bump, to a cone like growth coming right out of the side of his nose. It's now about .75 inch long and is blackish with a lighter pinkish red pigmented base. It gets skinnier toward the end and is terrifying me. I went to the vet this weekend and she didn't know hat it was. She called after taking blood the next day and suggested surgery to just have it removed. The overall cost is going to be $1200. She said it could technically heal in its own but since she doesn't know what it is and it continues to grow surgery may be the best option. He has also light loss of pigmentation at the base of his nose and ha a couple of papillomas in his mouth though they appeared later, haven't grown much and appear to not be linked. Someone please help! Nobody seems to know what this is. It doesn't seem to be bothering him but I got want it getting worse.

Asked by Member 1132884 on Sep 26th 2012 Tagged help, desperate, growth, gettingworse, expensive in Skin Problems

Answers

The only way to know exactly what it is, is to have it removed and tested. Have you gotten a second opinion from another vet? The costs associated with vet care varies from vet to vet. Good Luck!

That seems a lot of money for that. I think I would call around and see what others may charge for it. I agree we can not know for sure what it is until it has been tested.