Huli

What is the best vaccuum when you have dogs? I need a new one!

I need a vaccum that will be good for my apartment. Cheap is of course better but what I really need is something that Works.

Asked by Huli on Nov 6th 2012 in Dogs and a Clean Home

Answers

I have a Dyson. It's the only one that has lasted more than 2 years. (we've had it for about 5 years now). It does an awesome job. The only downside is, it's not cheap. But, we were buying a new one every 2 years, so we haven't had to buy a new one now for 5 years, so, over the long term it's cheaper.

I use a smaller shop vac. With pets you are at sometime going to vacuum up something nasty and shop vacs are totally washable, including the filters.
Plus, they are really not terribly expensive in the grand scheme of things. I have a Sears and it is exactly the same size as their "normal" canister vac, but is MUCH more powerful. Regular floor brushes fit on them, and they also come with all the other brushes you need.
It is a bit noisier but, hey, dogs are noisy, too!!!