What is the best tic prevention I can recommend to my owners to protect thier doggies on trail hikes.

Asked by Member 1149522 on May 23rd 2013 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

You also should shield your canine companion from the insects and pests that are gift throughout the new months, like tics, fleas and chiggers. These cause a special hazard to tiny dogs with short legs, and are particularly gift in within the countryside, country Rural area wherever animals like ruminant are doubtless to be gift. Short leg breeds like toy are significantly in hazard as a result of such a lot of their very little bodies are near the bottom, presenting a lot of body surface for pests like chiggers to connect themselves. Insect bites are a tangle all the time, however throughout the wet summer days, are particularly at risk of changing into infected. Inspect your dog usually, significantly when going outside, and forthwith take away any insects you notice. Make sure that once your companion is left outside, it's secure with a contemporary insect and twitch collar, or by applying a repellant, which might be obtained from any dog provides supplier.

I use Advantix, but I don't think you can put it on your dogs if you have cats. My vet said it doesn't agree with them. Frontline is another option. Good Luck!

Ichabod

There is no "pill" or other ingestable that will completely eliminate Fleas. They only make for an environment which the Flea doesn't like. If they get on your Dog, they won't stay there, and jump off on another surface...you...your house.

Best way to get rid of them "after" a hunt/trail is Dip them in a chemical which actually kills the fleas, but is not so concentrated to harm the Dog.

Ichabod answered on 5/25/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer