Molly

What is the best shampoo that relieves the itching of flea dermatitis?

Asked by Molly on Feb 1st 2011 Tagged shampoo, itching, relief in Bathing

Answers

Tony

I've heard good results with Oatmeal and Aloe shampoos. Others have recommended EpiSoothe. I use Zymox and am pleased with it. They also have a rinse. My dogs issues are with folliculitis or staph due to allergies.

Tony answered on 2/2/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

herbal and organic shampoos.
Solid Gold use to make a Herbal shampoo.
If you can find Natures Miracle in a black bottle with a kangaroo on it, they make an excellent tea tree oil shampoo.
Or 8 in 1 tearless puppy.
I would only do one bath and wait at least 4 weeks.
The shampoos out there will dry the skin more and add more agitation to the problem, like oatmeal shampoo.
do a through rinse also, leave no soap residue.

Petri

I really love to use PETfection Puppy Suds shampoo. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic and is wonderful at relieving itchiness, dandruff, etc. due to fleas, allergies, and weather. It doesn't contain any chemicals that can lead to increased dryness either. It will also help with infections. Check it out at www.mypetfection.com. I highly recommend it!

Petri answered on 2/9/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer