Lucy

What is the best brand of puppy food for gsd's?

I have a 8 1/2 month old gsd female who is currently on blue buffalo puppy chow. She loves it so much! I've heard that this is one of the best dog food brands out there, since it has no corn and by- products. But I have also heard that this brand could be really bad gsd's. Is this true? If so, what brand of puppy food should I give her?

Asked by Lucy on Feb 4th 2013 Tagged gsd, food, puppy, bluebuffalo in Pet Food

Answers

Sabi

Hi Lucy, you should go check out the food and nutrition forums. For the record I didn't say BB was really bad for GSDs I said I have had problems with it and so have several people I've talked to. If its working for your girl then that's great, no need to fix whats not broken.

Sabi answered on 2/4/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Ikan

I do not have gsd dogs, but I am also not a big fan of blue. to many problems with production. I guess you hacve to decide what is best for your dog. It should be the one that the dog will eat, and the one that you think your dog looks good with as you feed it. I for one like the nutro brand products. I know they have a large breed formula for dogs that are between the ages of 6 months and two years. It may be worth a look

Ikan answered on 2/7/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I'm not a fan of Blue dog food either.

Merrick is a great food to feed, learn more about Merrick at www.merrickpetcare.com

Merrick has a selection of grain free dog foods.

Merrick is one of the best dog foods that you can feed to your dog. There's many different formulas to choose from which makes it easy to choose the perfect one to feed to your dog.

Jethro

Origin

Jethro answered on 5/8/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer