Raider General

What is the average weight for a 12-14 week old GSD male pup?

Asked by Raider General on Apr 21st 2009 Tagged weight, average in Food & Nutrition

Answers

8-12 pounds is the average weight for a 12-14 wekk old male german shepherd.

Theodore aka Teddy  **CGC**

www.mygermanshepherdpuppy.com

The above is a link to a growth chart for german shepards...it looks like 25 pounds or so is average for a male.

Theodore aka Teddy **CGC** answered on 4/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Porscha

Average weight would be 20-25 Pounds

Porscha answered on 4/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

The 25 pounds sounds good to me. Understand they vary widely. Many of them tend to be light eaters even to the point of their ribs showing a little. If so, best to leave well enough alone. You should be feeding a puppy chow now. Switching to an adult chow for the larger breeds at 4 months, slows growth and helps develop sturdier joints.

The Pawsee

20-25 pounds.

Also since GSD are considered large breed you should have your puppy eating large breed puppy food for 1 year or more. Large breed puppies need the extra nutrients that are in the puppy food.

The Pawsee answered on 4/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Tucker

It varies greatly . M 13 month old German shepherd was 21 lbs at 12 weeks and is now a skinny 95 lbs at 13 months. He came from the German show line. He was a very light eater and I was concerned at times. Now I know how nonsense that worrying was. Some may be less and some may be more. Don't worry about the German shepherd growth chart, its way off. My 11 week old pup is 30 lbs now, and his parents were between 70 and 90 lbs full grown. My 13 month old was 70 lbs for a few months between 8 and 10 months then shot up again, gaining 20 more lbs between 11 and 13 months. Just enjoy the puppyhood. They are so cute when they're small. Oh and if the ears are not standing on their own by 5 months, then I recommend this method, www.longcoatgermanshepherds.com Don't wait until they are 7 months to try otherwise, they may never stand. Most ears stand on their own without any help. Enjoy your puppy. Thats my dogs now in the pic.

Tucker answered on 2/13/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer