What is the average adult size of a Snorkie?

Asked by Member 791371 on Jan 12th 2009 in Breeds

Answers

~Emma~ RL1

no one one can say for a mutt. Could be average of the parents or not.

ps what is a Snorkie :(

~Emma~ RL1 answered on 1/12/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Beltane

I am not sure what a snorkie is, but it sounds like a mixed breed. The size of mixed breeds vary. Even with a purebred, you have to take into consideration not only the size of the parents, but the grandparents. Mixed breeds are even more difficult to predict.

Beltane answered on 1/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Zack

Based on the name, I am assuming you mean a Miniature Schnauzer/Yorkshire Terrier mix. I don't know very much about either breed, but the Dogster breed info lists these stats:

Miniature Schnauzer: 10-18 lbs, 11-14 inches

Yorkshire Terrier: 3-7 lbs, 7-9 inches

So I would guess an adult mix between these two breeds could be anywhere from 3-18 pounds and 7-14 inches tall. Although I have seen a lot of Yorkies that are bigger than 7 lbs, so it would probably be more towards the bigger end of that scale.

You might also search for Miniature Schnauzer/Yorkshire Terrier mixes on Dogster and see how big they are.

Zack answered on 1/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Rieger

my Snorkie is almost a year old and he weighs in at about 12 pounds.

Rieger answered on 1/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer