Yoda

What is a type of medicine to feed a dog so that it will settle his stomach?before traveling...

My dog, Yoda, get car sick so easily that we have to give him gravol and i dont think its good for him, what is another type of gravol/medicine/ to relax his stomach?

Asked by Yoda on Dec 19th 2009 in Car Travel

Answers

If he gets motion sickness try no food before driving and place dog in crate with light weight dark colored towel over the door to keep him from seeing the motion going by out the window.
That should help cut stress.
Also a meaty raw bone will keep his mind off the ride as well.

Lots of people swear by a few ginger snaps (yes, the ginger flavored cookies) before travel. They are completely safe, and he should even like them.
I also agree travel in a crate can help in many cases. Also, do as many short rides as possible... that usually will get him more relaxed and less sick feeling.

Skip the home remedies and get some good stuff from the vet. Raw, meaty bones can upset a dogs stomach. Bad idea if you are traveling.

Maverick

My vet recommended dramamine but, I would check with your first and to get the correct dosage.

Have fun traveling! :D

Maverick answered on 12/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer