Evan

What is a good harness for a dog with a sensitive tracchea?

We are having a very hard time finding my 3 year old doxie/beagle mix a good harness. He slips out of collars very easily and the no-slip ones choke him. He has a very sensitive tracchea. Harnesses have the same problem. I have seen some step-in harnesses that would be great but I don't know where to find them. Any suggestions on a solution or where to find a good step-in harness?

Asked by Evan on May 8th 2009 Tagged harness, tracchea, collar, safety in Pet Products

Answers

Baxter

I just have a plain cheap black nylon one from the local petstore for a dog who chokes very easily.
A basic one should work. I think I bought it at pet supply plus for 8 dollars.

Baxter answered on 5/8/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

We have a cute one for my maltese - I think if you do a search on " harness dresses" you may find something ...

Hope it helps

Miss Priss and Marie

stop by my doggie hotel site:
www.apluspetcare.com

join our group:
Saving money on your vet bills...
pets.groups.yahoo.com

Jasper

I got mine from petsmart, its kind of hard to describe without a picture so I'll attach a link of a similar one you can use as an example. My pup Jasper used to pull sooo bad he would gag awfuly! Now he doesn't gag and it has actually reduced his pulling!

www.petsmart.com

Notice how with this harness it doesn't put any cords around the dogs neck specifically? It puts the strain when a dog pulls on his/her chest area. Its very easy to see how much more comfortable it is for the dog! Also its not hard to put on. You just slip the legs through each hole and clip it! I hope this helps :)

Jasper answered on 5/9/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Bailey

Hi There,
We have researched numerous collars and harnesses and find the Gentle Leader Harness is one of the best on the market-excellent quality, most gentle to dogs and deters pulling as well. We offer it and other special harnesses at caninekingdom.com. We are about to do another round of research on collars and harnesses, so please let me know how you make out :)

Bailey answered on 5/12/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Giselle

I must agree with Jasper's answer. I bought the identical harness at PetSmart for my 4 doxies & it works great. They would always start coughing & choking with other harnesses. I won't even put a leash on a collar because I am afraid they will injure their trachea (paranoid I am)! They pull so badly on a leash & these harnesses keep them easier to manage.

Giselle answered on 5/12/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer