What is a dog food that is healthy affordable and good for chihuahuas? And where can it be purchased?

Asked by Member 1079495 on Sep 26th 2012 Tagged food, cheap, affordable, dog, chihuahua, quality, healthy in Pet Food

Answers

Pet Supplies "Plus" carries a nice selection of brands.
There is no one best brand, but I'd avoid any brands that you'd typically see at stores like Wal*Mart.

Take a gander at the ingredients list. At the very least, the first ingredient should be a SPECIFICALLY NAMED meat source, and preferably be meal, as in "chicken meal". (Just "meat meal" could mean a lot of things, so avoid any foods with that.) That's the main thing to look for.

Avoid foods with corn, or soy.

A fairly decent brand that is more affordable than other meat-based brands is Diamond Naturals. Back when I fed kibble, I was able to get a 15 lb bag for somewhere between $15 and $20.

Tiara

I am not a fan of anything made by diamond just because of the recalls they have had in the last few years. I know that Nutro Max would be about the same price and is an all natural food with no by-products fillers or colors added to it. You should be able to find it at places like petsmart or petco as well as many other pet food sellers.

Tiara answered on 9/28/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Fromm is a great food to feed, learn more about Fromm at frommfamily.com

Most of the Fromm foods are grain free which is a plus for any dog. Dogs don't need grains in their diet.

Fromm is one of the best dog foods that you can feed to your dog. There's many different formulas to choose from which makes it easy to choose the perfect one for your dog.

Fromm can be purchased at Pet Supplies Plus.