What I a good Product to use to help my dogs cracked Paws?

My dog has cracked paws, and she will lick her paws raw or sometimes they will start to bleed because she licks them so much. I am really not too sure what to do. What is a good and safe probuct that I can use on my dogs paws?

Asked by Member 1039079 on Jul 25th 2011 in Products & Tools

Answers

You might try some petroleum jelly (i.e. Vasoline). It's hard to lick off and shouldn't make her sick. I know that sometimes dogs do this because of nervousness, and sometimes it can be from allergies. Personally, I'd check with my Vet if she doesn't stop. You don't want the cracked skin to become infected; then you'll really have problems!

I highly recommend using PETfection Paw Cream. It heals up cracks and raw spots quickly, helps moisturize, and helps block out infection. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic; it doesn't contain any chemicals or additives and is safe if she licks it. You can check it out at www.mypetfection.com. It also works really well on any other dry spot, cut, rash, etc. I use it for everything. Hope this helps!!