What happened to my dog? Did she have a stroke?

I came home sick from school and I sat down everything seemed fine but my dog Gabbie started breathing really hard. She fell on the floor and lost her bowels and she couldn't move. Then her heart rate went sky high ands she started salivating. My mother won't take her to the vet and I am only fourteen. She has cancer thats common for boxers too but I'd just like to know what happened my dog. Can anyone help because Google didn't help me. Also she is fine now but I am so worried it will happen again.

Asked by Member 1077759 on Dec 15th 2011 in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

How sad that your mom doesn't seem to care about her very much.

Sounds like a seizure to me- also pretty common in Boxers.

Tell your mother that is against the law to withhold medical care from a pet. Not a lie, either. It is against the law. (Assuming you live in the US, I mean.)

You can just call the vet up about it initially, I've done that before. If they can, they should give you advice over the phone, and if not they'll ask you to bring him in for an appointment.
If your mother isn't taking him to the vet because of money issues, be sure to tell the vet about this, too. They may have some options for you, or even cut you some slack. A good vet wouldn't just let an animal suffer.

Kazba

It souds like a seizure to me. A stroke would not come back to normal like that with out some kind of medical help. I wish you the best and hope you can find a vet to help you.

Kazba answered on 12/18/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer