what happends if ur dog mates with a smaller dog?My 4lbs f/ chi mattede with my 7 lbs chi- Minpin. is this ok?

what happends if ur dog mates with a smaller dog?My 4lbs f/ chi mattede with my 7 lbs chi- Minpin. is this ok?they did it when i was sleeping and she cryed un till I held them both in my arms. Now Im scared 4 her.

Asked by Member 1107696 on Apr 25th 2012 Tagged ismycheminpintobigformylbschi in Pregnancy

Answers

No, this is not okay. Please spay her

In that case, the puppies can be large enough to either cause problems during pregnancy or make a normal whelping impossible. C-sections are pretty expensive.

For future reference, make sure to inform yourself on the canine heat cycle and make sure to keep them completely separated until the heat cycle is finished.
Here's an article on heat cycles and the signs for them: www.askabreeder.com
What's mentioned on the preparation you need to do before breeding your dog is lacking (there *is* much more to it than having your dog checked by a general practitioner vet and being up-to-date on shots), but the rest is good.

ANOOKs page w/ lil' sister MEI

well i would suggest calling your vet right away to see what they suggest. if you do not have a vet you can call one anyways and ask what they think and how long until you know if she is pregnant. no sense worrying until you know. we will keep her in your prayers for safe progress and good luck. and if she is not and you want to have her spayed you can usually call the ASPCA to see if they have vouchers if you need help with that.

ANOOKs page w/ lil' sister MEI answered on 4/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer