Rosie

What dry shampoo is safe for nursing mother dogs? Pups only 2 days old, but she reeks of doggie b.o.

She hates wet baths, so I'd like to switch her to a dry shampoo, I don't want to alarm her while she's nursing, or do the pups any disservices. But she's stinking up the whole room! Many thanks in advance.

Asked by Rosie on Apr 29th 2009 Tagged bath, clean, health, puppysafety in Odor Eliminators

Answers

You could wipe her bottom off with some doggie wipes, I think natures miracle carries some. I don't have any exper. with the dry shampoo. I would not wash any of the nipple area just her bottom, You can use just plain water then use the wipes to finish, I don't think it will disturb her too much for now.
If the odor is bad, you might want to call the vet and see if she needs some antibotics, the smell could mean infection.