what dogs are on the mean dog list in georgia

Asked by Member 507943 on Sep 27th 2007 in American Bulldog

Answers

Many insurance companies, home owners associations, cities, and towns have jumped on the breed banning bandwagon. Pit bulls, rottweilers, and chows have a bad rap nowadays, and well behaved dogs of these breeds frequently get dirty looks. People who live in controlled neighborhoods or are members of home owners associations are not allowed to keep these breeds as pets. Insurance companies are starting to refuse to cover people who own these breeds. Some cities will even confiscate and euthanize these dogs! Some animal shelters wont even adopt them out, but rather euthanize them immediately!

Unbelieveable!

What has happened to America?

What is it that makes a dog aggressive? Their color? Most black and tan dogs induce fear in people. Is it the breed name? Any breed with bull terrier in their name is automatically considered evil. Those with boxy heads and cropped ears are obviously descrimnated against, even though ear cropping is cruel and should be illegal.

TK, CGC

I googled your question and didn't really get anything specific. Understand-a-bull.com has a lot of great BSL related information. There is a tab on their site that will send you directly to the information they have regarding Georgia's most current BSL enforcements. Search the rest of that site and you may find something more.

TK, CGC answered on 9/28/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Jake

Well these people are so STUPID. Just because breed of dog bit somebody doesn't mean that all of that breed is dangerous. These people take things so seriously. I mean I meet a pitbull for the first time and it sniffed me and I had dog scents and a cat scent on me amd that dog just wagged it's tail. Same thing happed with a rottwilder it was nice and it was a guard dog!!! You shoul fight against these things!!!

Jake answered on 9/28/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer