Takarra

What does the "AXA" mean in a dog's registration number??

Asked by Takarra on Dec 7th 2011 in Shiba Inu

Answers

I don't know but I do know that AXA is a cheap pet insurance company in the UK.

www.axa.co.uk

Well, I looked at some sample AKC and UKC pedigrees online and didn't see an "AXA" anywhere. Is your dog AKC or UKC registered, or is it with another registry?
An AKC registration number starts with "SN" and is followed by eight numbers, like "SNXXXXXXXX" and a UKC registration starts with "R" followed by two sets of three numbers, like "RXXX-XXX".

Since Takarra came from a pet store, she could be registered with one of the newer for-profit registries. For a rundown of who they are why they exist, read this short article:
www.showdog

Maybe someone more knowledgeable that I will answer your question, but for now I'm stumped.

AXA are letters following the registration number of dogs registered with the ACA, or American Companion Animal registry.
Sadly, this IS a millers registry and registration is available to any dog, no matter what their breed or breeding is.
Bruno, those two letters preceeding an AKC number are abbreviations for the group the breed belongs to. In your example, that dog would be a Sporting dog. My cresteds have Tx for the toy group, the x being a letter starting with A and changing with a certain number of dogs being registered in that group. Poodles are different, they ALL start with Px, because they involve varieties shown in two separate groups. My Frenchies are Nx for Non-sporting group.
For whatever reason, the Herding breeds use Dx, I suspect because Hx is used for the hound group, and Terriers are Rx.
Hope this helps both of you!