What does tapeworms coming out from inside of the stool mean?

Tapeworm comes out of a dogs body with his stool.The segments are seen on the stool not inside it right?But my puppy defecated and i saw two or three long tapeworm coming out and they were inside the stool.They were alive i think.what does this mean?My dog has defecated more than three times this morning.

Asked by Member 1031605 on May 9th 2011 Tagged tapeworm, puppy, stool in Health & Wellness

Answers

It means a trip to the vet. Worms, whether tape or round, are pretty nasty. Take a stool sample to the vet and they'll get you the appropriate medication.

Those sound more like roundworms... they look like pieces of spaghetti.
Unless, for some reason, he has shed a whole section of tape worm, but it would definitely have visible segments about the size of a piece of rice, even if they were still attached to each other you would see the segments.
I would most likely get a stool sample checked at the vets... they can give you wormer for the rounds if that is what he has, or the tapes.

Yep, Vet. Your dog should be taking monthly medication to prevent these and other dangerous parasites from infecting him and you as well. Some of the parasites can be transmitted to humans, mostly from infected soil.

Starbutt

little whitew dots are tape worms big long worms are round worms there is only two wroms you can see in a dogs poop is you dog on a heart worm treament I give my dogs interceptor it treats for heart worms, hook worms roundworm and I can't recall the other one(S) or you can go to the store and get something for tape worms and round worms over the counter make sure it has piperzine I think it is spelled this takes care of some worms but not all, it is best to go to the vet this way you are sure of what the dog has and they know how to treat it, once you know you can get the stuff over the net I get it over the net for my dogs. It is not good to let this go to long the dog will loose weight and die in time and get reall thin. I agree with everyone else go to the vet first and know what you are dealing with FIRST then you can go from there.

Starbutt answered on 5/10/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer