what does it mean when my dog has white discharge from the vagina and is constantly whining?

My dog is a Pitbull, she is 1 yr old and has started acting strange lately. She hasn't been eating really either.

Asked by Member 1000148 on Aug 10th 2010 in Alternative Treatments

Answers

You should REALLY take her to the veternarain ASAP if she is whining and not eating thsi can be serious...

Juniper Low

The dog is going through what we call her period. People have it, too, and it's very normal. Just stay calm. If she begins to act like she's in pain, take her to the vet. They'll take care of it.

Juniper Low answered on 8/11/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Is she spayed. ? I would spay her if she is not. If she is already having behavorial issues and not feeling well this could increase as the dog matures into adulthood. I think a female dog can come in heat as early as 4 months.
But, if she is not in heat or has been spayed then she is having signs of infection. I would take her to a vet right away and have them swab her vaginal wall to test for not only infection but doggie std's. Those do exist.

It does not sound like she is in heat to me... I would more suspect an infection of some sort. Dogs in heat have a RED or Pinkish discharge, not WHITE.
Sounds like she needs to see a vet ASAP.