What does it mean when a Yorkie puts one paw up when staring at you but not to shake a paw.

My Yorkie, Roxie, stands in front of me with one paw up and out looking like she wants to shake a paw but doesn't. What is she asking for?

Asked by Member 1123115 on Jul 29th 2012 in Fears & Phobias

Answers

Beauregard

It could just be the way we trained our one dog, but if he wants to go outside he will sit in front of us and put a paw on or arm or leg to ask. As a puppy we trained him to sit and shake before we would take him out, it is our way of getting him to say please. So next time she does it ask her if she is thirsty, hungry, or just has to go and see what you get a reaction

Beauregard answered on 7/29/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Carter

Dogs can do this for many reasons.My dog does it for attention. ive seen dogs do it out of excitement. If your yorkie is a puppy, then you have to find out what your dogs personality is.

Carter answered on 8/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer