what does it mean when a pregnant dog has some kind of clear snotty looking stuff coming from her private?

I know it's not her mucus plug because it's not bloody. When I bought her she was already pregnant and her previous owner said she thinks she was already 3 to 4 weeks when I got her over two weeks ago. There are little wet spots around my house. It looks just like snot when it's running from your nose, it's also got some kind of liquid coming out leaving the wet spots. Her teats have dropped but no milk yet.

Asked by Member 747761 on Oct 6th 2008 in Answers

Answers

Bear and Bambi - Mommys Angels

This is very early labor signs...some dogs do this, some don't. you need to keep a close eye on her and You need to prepare a whelping area and have plenty of supplies on hand. Also let your vet know your dog is due soon, just in case you need vet care. There is too much to go into in my answer, so google " canine labor" and you will find lots of helpful info there.

Good Luck!!

Bear and Bambi - Mommys Angels answered on 10/6/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

hello well I can tell you she is more then 3 or 4 week pg. I raise dachshunds usually when that starts they are close to delivery this usually starts about a week or so before they have their pups if she was 4 weeks and you have had her 2 weeks she is about 44 day they are pg for 58 to 60 days If I were you I would take her to the vet and have her checked out so you would know exacly how far along she is then you can make a place where she is going to have the pups or she will have them all over your house if you would like to talk to me more you can call me
at 985-882-7245 or 985-807-7650 and I can help you more because it is hard to explain in writting
Cheryl with mimisdachshunds