What does a siberian huskey and St. Bernard mix look like and would it make a good pet?

Asked by Member 1079135 on Dec 22nd 2011 in Mixed Breeds

Answers

Well, I couldn't find any pictures because it's not a cross anyone is breeding on purpose, so all this is just guessing. It would probably be in between the sizes of the parents. Huskies are 35-60 lbs, Saints are usually over 100, so I would guess a mix to be in the 70-90 lb range.

Blue eyes seem to be a dominant trait, so if the Husky parent had them, likely some of the puppies would too. Likely coat color would be some shade of brown or grey with white markings. Ears would probably not stand, or come up only halfway. I think facially they would not be as jowly as a Saint, or as "foxy" as a Sibe, maybe in-between like a Lab or Shepherd. Both Sibes and Saints have very thick coats so the shedding would be HORRENDOUS!

It could be a very handsome combo, and any dog is a "good pet" for the right person. Can't say if it's a good mix for YOU since I don't know you.