What do you feed your Chihuahua ?

I am wondering what others feed their Chihuahuas? Mine was on Iams but I am wanting to put him on something else. Nothing to expensive, but something that is good for him without all the fillers.

Thanks!

Asked by Member 154439 on Aug 10th 2011 Tagged chiahuahua, dog, food, healthy in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Dakota

We feed our dogs Nutro Natural Choice.Its the small breed adult Chicken and Whole Brown Rice formula.Its the only thing Dakota will eat.This website has more info on it:

www.nutro.com

I did quite a bit of research before settling on it and the formula we feed our dogs has no corn in it.Where we get it it runs about $7 a bag.Good quality,and the price is pretty good to.

Dakota answered on 8/10/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Misty

First off let me tell u it's a great decision to get off of iams, it has a ton of fillers and by-products, u usually dont have to worry too much about cost when feeding a chi cuz they dont eat much. let me tell u my little journey to find good food for my chi that she actually liked, when I first got her I fed her nutro max canned puppy food, but when she got older I decided to get her off the canned and she didn't like nutro dry and I wanted a better small breed formula, so I switched her to royal canin chihuahua formula, it was pretty good for her, but she hated it, then we tried solid gold, she liked it pretty well, but the small natural pet store in out area had bad stock and it's pretty hard to find so we settled on wellness super 5 mix u can buy for about $15 for a 4-6lb. Bag at petsmart, it lasts my chi a while. Btw he's so cute! Reminds me of a dog I used to have

Misty answered on 8/10/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Purina, for example uses horrible ingredients in their food. They use the cheapest ingredients in their foods. The first ingredient should always be meat, real meat. The first ingredient in Purina Beneful (for example) is ground yellow corn. You are better off feeding a better dog food. Take a close look at the ingredients - corn, whole wheat flour, animal fat, soy, water, rice flour, pearled barley, sugar, menadione, propylene glycol, etc., let's just say that this food is one of the worst you can feed. Purina is exactly like feeding your dog a whole bottle of syrup and greasy McDonald's for every meal, except worse.

Check out these sites to learn more about dog food -

What's REALLY in pet food? -

www.bornfreeusa.org

recipes4pet.com

Dog foods I highly recommend -

Orijen
Solid Gold
Primal Pet Foods
Organix Dog Food
Holistic Selects
Honest Kitchen
Timberwolf Organics

Dog food companies such as Pedigree, Purina, Iams, Eukanuba, Bil Jac, Ol' Roy, Kibbles N' Bits, Royal Canine, Science Diet, etc., don't care what goes into their dog food, they use the lowest quality of ingredients in their pet food.

I feed Orijen and a raw diet to my dogs. I've never had a problem with Orijen, it's the best food for dogs and cats out there. Feeding a raw or a home cooked diet is also a great thing to do for your pet. Feed the best food to your pet. Here's the Dogster Raw Food Diet Forum and Home Prepared Foods and Recipes Forum -

www.dogster.com

www.dogster.com