what do you do when your rottweiler vomits, refuses to get up, and her nose is very dry. is my dog sick or depressed?

Asked by Member 969240 on Feb 28th 2010 Tagged mydog in Health & Wellness

Answers

sick.
She needs a vet pronto. This is not a depressed dog it is a sick dog.
good luck.

Hector

Depression doesn't usually make your dog vomit. Your dog sounds very very sick. You should probably take him/her to the vet ASAP.

Hector answered on 2/28/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Buckeye

I suggest taking your Rottie to the Veternarian. These are not symtoms of depression.

Buckeye answered on 2/28/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

C.J. (C-ATCH,TDI,CGC,RE,ChSN)

Vomiting + refusing to get up would mean an immediate vet trip for my rottie.

C.J. (C-ATCH,TDI,CGC,RE,ChSN) answered on 2/28/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

She definitely sounds sick and she should be taken to the vet. For the dry nose, you can use PETfection Paw Cream to clear up the dryness. It is a 100% Organic, Non-Toxic cream that works extremely well at healing any type of dry spots, cut, scrapes, etc. I have used it a lot of dogs dry noses and it really seems to help. You can check it out at www.myPETfection.com

molly ann everett

I have a pit bull and he got sick recently he had his worm medicine at the time when we got him he had worms really bad i call a 24 hour vet and he told me to give him a teaspoon kayro syrup something about the sugar helps the blood and yes he was throwing up as well and he wouldnt eat im not a pet expert or nothing like that and im not going to be rude like some of the others i have read and have gotten myself I actually own my first dog so i was looking for advice just like you are but if your dog does not feel better with in the next 24 hrs after keeping a close look on him or her then yes i would take him to the vet right away sounds like he has worms most of the time you can tell by his/her fecal but take him/her to the vet as soon as possible.....Sorry bout the trouble and I home he/she gets better

molly ann everett answered on 3/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer