Sara Bear

what do u do if u cant afford to go to the vet and ur dog needs one

Asked by Sara Bear on Jan 27th 2013 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

You can try "Care Credit", or the SPCA. Sometimes they will help by giving lower cost treatment for people who can't afford to pay regular cost. You can also try calling different vets. Our vet takes donations for people who can't afford it. Good Luck!

Tiara

I would see if you could do something to work off the vet bill. I know a vet near me has let people clean cages, or mop floors for people that needed help for their pets. Also, many will take payments and just pay so much over time.

Tiara answered on 1/29/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Carbon

Great advice from the above posters! I would suggest setting up an 'Emergency Funds' Account aka Savings Account that you regularly deposit money into for situations that come up unexpectedly. I like to have at least $500 per animal in that account just to be on the safe side.

Carbon answered on 1/30/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer