Prim

What color is my Pom? Breeder listed as wolf sable.

I got my Pom 2 months ago and they said she was a wolf sable even though I argued she has orange and white in her. The pictures are from when I got her and since then she developed a white chest and belly but otherwise the same everywhere else. Parents are orange male and cream sable female. Note: her nose, eye rims and paw pads are all black. Any opinions? I took her because I LOVE her personality but just curious what others have to say.

Asked by Prim on Jan 16th 2013 in Breeds

Answers

Sable refers to the actual shaft of hair, not the color. In a sable, there is more than one color in EACH shaft of hair, they are not all the same color from root to tip.
With that in mind, she is definitely sable, and I would also agree with wolf sable since the outer tips are wolf/gray colored.

Maggie

She is definitely a sable, however it is hard for me to tell weather she is a wolf able or a heavy orange sable.

I looked a the pom club color chart
www.americanpomeranianclub.org
Wolf sable has its own link the heavy orange sable it under the regular sable class.

and she kinda looks like the heavy orange sable more than the wolf sable but the site also gives what the hair shaft should look like so you could analyze it yourself and determine what she is.

Maggie answered on 1/17/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer