What can i do when I'm living with someone who doesn't take care of her dogs? i end up feeding and taking care of them.

Asked by Member 1065919 on Oct 24th 2011 in Laws & Legislation

Answers

Emmit

Present her with an itemized bill for services rendered. That's what a pet sitter would do.

Emmit answered on 10/24/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Starbutt

tell her there is 3 things she can do

1( take care of her dogs they are NOT your respionsibility

2) if she doesn't want to take care of them she can put a add in the paper, or give them to some one

or

3) She can move out and take her dogs with her.

Tell her to pick one if she can't then you will and by the weekend you will either give them away take them to a no kill shelter or to a shelter (I hate to do this but sometimes you have to be hard on people) or she can pack all her stuff up and move. The dogs are not your responsibility and SHE should take care of them and if she doesn't then you tell her you have no choice. If she was a good friend she would of did this already so fearing she would be mad well yeah most likely but how long do you want to care for HER DOGS? this is the question

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 10/24/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I think sending her a bill would be a great idea. That way you can sit her down and tell her that you feel that she is neglecting them and need to spend time with them.
I know it's not your responsiblity but I know how that would bother me too. Maybe after she gets the bill you can talk to her about how the dogs are not happy living like that and that they need more care from her.

Is she isn't providing basic needs (food, water, shelter), you can call Animal Control on her.