marley

what breed is my dog mixed with?

hi,new to this site,loving it so far! i was wondering if anyone might know what breed my dog might be mixed with? i got him at 8 month's old and was told he was a staffordshire bull terrier mix,although as he's grown he's looking less and less like a staffie,i've had many ppl tell me they think he might be a pitbull mix,or american bulldog mix,but i have no clue,so would like to know what you think! these are a few of his characteristic's: very playful,loves to play fetch and tug of war,naturally very protective,he's been like that pretty much from day 1,very wary of strangers,gets on really well with other dogs,but if started on he will fight back,something i'm not happy with but after being attacked a few times he learnt to defend himself,anyways,if u have any ideas,i'd love to hear them! thanks!
p.s,if you go to marleys page you'll see some pics i've put up,which i'm hoping will help with this question!

Asked by marley on May 11th 2010 Tagged staffie mix, pitbull mix, american bulldog mix in Mixed Breeds

Answers

Diesel

To be honest he looks like he is either an American Pit bull Terrier or an American Staffordshire Terrier or both. He definitely does not have American bulldog in him, he is a little bit too small for that breed. He is very adorable whatever he is. :-)

Diesel answered on 5/11/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Marley: American Bulldog/Pit Bull mix.

Woofie  1988 - 2001

NOT American bulldog....look at pictures:

www.dogbreedinfo.com

Pictures of American Staffordshire'sL

www.dogbreedinfo.com

Pictures of American Pitbull terriers:

www.dogbreedinfo.com

She looks most like an American Pitbull Terrier...no "mix" suffix needed.

Woofie 1988 - 2001 answered on 5/11/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I don't see any American Bulldog either. They are pretty distinctive looking and to me, I just don't see that in Marley.

What I do see? American Pit Bull Terrier and/or Staffordshire Terrier.

He's absolutely completely beautiful, by the way.

I think with a dog like this you have to have a good handle on his reactivity on leash with dogs and people. Not because this type of dog is any different in any way to any other breed or mix of breeds. Quite the contrary. But because, sadly, people have some uneducated and downright crazy ideas about dogs that just look like Marley as opposed to a dog who looks like a Yorkie.

So I'd encourage you to either enroll him in a training class or, better yet, invest in a couple of one on one training sessions with a personal trainer or behaviorist who can help you get to the bottom of his issues. You'll feel more confident with him in public and around other dogs and he'll be happier, too!

Beautiful dog!

Lexie

Looks almost full pit bull to me.

Lexie answered on 5/12/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Daisy

I see american staffordshire terrier. He's gorgous and I love the name :)

Daisy answered on 5/17/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

McKayla

Without knowing who the parents are, and what their lineage is, you will never know what breed your dog is.

Sure, we can all say what your dog may "look" like, but that doesn't mean that is the actual breed. There are 22+ breeds of dogs that resemble what everyone thinks a pit bull or AmStaff looks like, but do not have any pit or AmStaff in them. Many mixes can resemble these breeds, but do not have any pit or AmStaff in them.

Regardless, because your dog may resemble a pit bull to the uneducated public, you need to do everything you can to have a well-behaved and well-trained dog. As the owner of a greyhound/APBT mix, it is IMPORTANT that my dog is the best that she can be.

Just love and care for your dog no matter what he is. You better get him enrolled in obedience classes, socialize him non-stop, and constantly train him, as it sounds like he may have some issues. Don't let him with other dogs until he is better socialized and trained.

McKayla answered on 6/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer