Trixie

Wellness Core or Nature's Variety Instinct?

I have been feeding my dogs Wellness Core and they have been doing well on that. My main question is if Nature's Variety Instinct is a better food for them. It is much more expensive but I haven't been able to find much on it besides what I have learned at my job... If anyone has experience with either of these foods please let me know your opinion. I like to do what is best for my dogs and the money is not a concern. It does have to be one of these foods since it is convenient for me to buy from work and I know they are supposedly two of the best brands we carry.

Asked by Trixie on Jun 12th 2014 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Willow

Since your dogs have had no issues with Wellness Core, I would leave them on it as it is a really good food. Just because Nature's Variety Instinct is more expensive does not mean it is better than Wellness. Look at the ingredient panel and see what the differences are in the ingredients and then research the ingredients to see what each of them will do for your dog.

Willow answered on 6/14/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I feed my dogs raw. But in your case, if there are no problems with your dogs while they feed on Wellness Core and that fits their nutritional requirements, then go on with that.