Denver

We got llamas last month and my mini poodle (male)loves to roll and even dive in llamas poop. How to stop that behaviour

I have to give him a bath 3-4 times a week and I'm scare to get him some skin problem.

Asked by Denver on Jun 10th 2014 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Could you put a roll of chicken wire along the bottom of the pasture fence to keep him out? Even the gate could be outfitted that way. You can try to strengthen his recall by using really high value treats in practice, but I find that managing the environment sometimes than focusing on training alone. Ultimately, my dog may be more motivated by delightful poo than by boiled chicken, so if I also change the structure of my pasture to keep him out, I'm more likely to avoid the problem.

Train your dogs and take them to a behaviorist to help you address this behavioral issue.

bathing him even every day will not in itself cause skin problems providing you give him fish oil and evening primrose oil(check dosage) every day in his diet,

Member 1196734 answered 2 weeks, 3 days ago. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer