We are having tick infestion this year. Frontlined my dog but it isn't lasting 30 days. What treatment do you recommend?

Frontline has always worked well for my dogs but this year seems to be a bad one for ticks....ugh! I'm down to one dog and I used Frontline early April but by the 25 I was finding them. Even though it says to wait 30 days, I Frontlined her again. This treatment lasted about the same and I'm finding ticks again. What is the best product? I used Frontline plus. I see other similar products in Walmart. Are any of them effective?

Asked by Member 1110769 on May 14th 2012 in Flea & Tick Prevention

Answers

I find that most of them don't work as long on ticks as they do fleas. I did find that Frontline stopped working for us all together, so I switched to Advantix. It still doesn't work as well on ticks, but it lasts longer than Frontline. But if you have cats, I believe you can't use it on your dogs.

Comfortis. It's a must for me, nothing else works anymore. Not in areas like mine.

The other brands do seem to be getting to be less effective.
The darn bugs are building up a resistance to chemicals. What will happen when we run out of options...let's not even go there. Ugh.

A non-monthly applicator flea, tick, mosquito medicine you can use is PETfection Bug Spray. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic. It doesn't contain any chemicals and works great at keeping the bugs away and healing any previous bites he/she may already have. It smells good too! I love it. Hope this helps!