Wat should i do my dog has a large squishy bump on its leg

My Black lab has a large bump on its leg thats squishy wat is it and wat should i do about it.

Asked by Member 996386 on Jul 10th 2010 Tagged skin, bumps, infection in Skin Problems

Answers

Sorry, but we are not able to help you without seeing and/or feeling the bump, and since we are not vets even with that we would be guessing at best. Your best bet is to take him to a veterinarian for a proper diagnose. Good luck!

Maverick

I would take your dog to the vet to get an examination.

Maverick answered on 7/10/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It's very hard to say what this might be. If it appeared overnight, it can be anything from an insect bite or sting to an injury or cyst.

But if it has been getting bigger and has been there a while, it can be anything from a benign fatty tumor (lipoma) or a cancerous tumor.

The best thing to do is to take him to the vet as soon as possible and have the vet give you a definitive diagnosis on what it is.

Labs are prone to lipomas and they do tend to feel squishy or wobbly and not "fixed" like more serious tumors, but again, it's vet time. And don't spend a lot of time touching it. You can make things worse this way and hinder his recovery regardless of what the lump is.

Any large bump on the body should be evaluated by a licensed vet asap.
I would not do anything to it such as irritate it, pop it, or stick anything in it.
I would let the vet tell you what it is and leave it alone.
I hope he is ok. Let us know.

Zack

Please take your dog to a vet and have them look at it. They can do tests to determine exactly what it is. They might just do a physical examination, remove a few cells and examine them under a microscope, or send part of it in for a full biopsy. Once you have a diagnosis, the vet can recommend the best treatment, which may include drainage, medication, surgical removal, or just leaving it as it is. It could be one of many different things.

Please do not attempt to treat this yourself without a veterinarian's help . . . depending on what it is, there are very different courses of treatment that need to happen.

Zack had a lump on his leg a few months ago, and I am very thankful for having a skilled, caring veterinarian help me decide what to do. It was worth every penny.

Zack answered on 7/11/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer