Thunder

Was told by breeder my puppy is german shephard cross bullmastiff,doe not look like he has bullmastiff

Mom is german shephard and not big did not see father but was told it he was a bullmastiff,not sure if my puppy has that in him.He is 14 lbs at 8weeks,big paws,and has a long black tail that,and is cute as abutton.

Asked by Thunder on Sep 6th 2010 in Mixed Breeds

Best Answer

For some reason, some breeds have dominant genes and their mixes look like that more dominant breed. German Shepherd is one of those. Even if they don't have GSD coloring they have the face shape.

Thunder may grow into an adult that looks more like a Mastiff/Shepherd mix, right now he's just cute!

Looks like he and handsome Rex are making friends!

Snickers answered on Sep 7th.

Answers

I can see the shepherd, but I don't see any bullmastiff. You can see the two breeds side by side on Squ'mey's page.

He is pretty broad like a mastiff. Sometimes it's hard to see the second breed if their mixed. Jax is Golden Retriever & German Shepherd. I don't see the Golden in her. He'll make a great dog. Good Luck!

He looks more like a German Shepard and a collie/american Eskimo dog

Belle

puppys are always chaning. i can see the german shephard in him for sure. but maybe when he gets older he'll beging looking like a bullmastiff. hes sure pretty thats for use.

Belle answered on 9/7/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Sheeba

Looks like a mutt. Just because someone's dogs had puppies and you bought the mutt from them instead of the pound, does not make them a 'Breeder' If you want to know what your dog is you need to have paper work, to see the mom and dad, and to know what bread their parents are. If not, sorry, no go. I have all mix breads, when people ask "what bread is this dog" I say, take a guess, not that it matters, because with out labeling your dog with a breed you can't read a book about what they are supposed to do. You instead have to learn about your dog yourself, connect with and teach your dog yourself to better understand their reactions to different things :D I love having mix breeds, I feel I have a great connections with them and would miss out on these things if I got too stuck on a specific breed.

Sheeba answered on 9/8/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer