Two questions: Bells and Leaving pup alone

1. What kind of bell do you use to help housetrain a pup and where do you get one?.

2. We have had our puppy two weeks. She is now 10 weeks old and other than chewing and nipping (we are working on this) she is doing great. My husband wants us to go golfing. Would it be ok to leave the pup alone in her little crate for a couple hours (she goes 6 hours in it during the night before needing to go potty). Is it too soon to leave her alone for a bit?
We love this little pup but we do want to have a bit of time to ourselves too. Are we being selfish? Thank you.

Asked by Member 1072540 on Jan 6th 2012 in Puppies

Answers

Koby

Puppies don't really have complete control until they are between 4 & 6 months old. You could leave her for a few hours and she should be ok. I don't know what kind of bell you are asking about for potty training. My dogs go to the door and poke the door knob when they want to go out. It's not selfish to want a little time to yourselves. Good Luck with your new pup!

Koby answered on 1/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer