Ginger

Traits of a Jack Russel Terrier/Dachshund Mix Breed

We were invited to look at some new born puppies of Jack Russel and Dachshund can any one tell me what the traits, or behaviors might be like?? We are going back in a couple of weeks to maybe pick one would just like some information

Asked by Ginger on Aug 8th 2008 in Behavior & Training

Best Answer

Well, there is no guarantees, especially because it's a mixed breed. Even with purebreds, you can't tell 100% what the dog will act or look like.
The dog will be like the two breeds combined or it may be more like one than the other. Probably high energy (like a Jack Russell) and a barker (Doxies are barkers).

P.S. Please make sure that you don't get one of the puppies until it is at least 8 weeks old. Puppies need AT LEAST the first two months of life with their mom and littermates to learn different things from her.

Gray Dawn Treader answered on Aug 8th.

Answers

We agree with the previous answer. You are going to have a very active puppy on your hands, but also very very cute.

Lily

Well obviously every dog is going to have his/her own unique characteristics and traits, but if you want to know more about the breed click on the the "breed info" toolbar on dogster OR do your own search on the internet. From my own experience I have found Dachshunds to be somewhat of a challenge to train, but otherwise veryy friendly and affectionate. Both breeds can be on the barky side, but overall I think both breeds are great dogs and think it would be a great choice!

Lily answered on 8/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Coco

Dachshunds bark alot so ginger might bark alot.

Coco answered on 8/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer