three week old puppy runny nose

My three week old puppy has a runny nose sneezing with mucus coming out her nose ?

Asked by Member 864073 on Aug 3rd 2009 in Puppies

Answers

Fritz

Please take your puppy to the vet ASAP. It could be miner but why take a chance?

Fritz answered on 8/3/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If the puppy is no longer with it's mother it is more vulnerable to illness. What you discribe sounds like kennel cough, but only a Vet can tell you for sure.

OMD! Why is the pup away from her mama? Even if she's not, take her to the vet ASAP!!! If you have the mama and the litter they should've already seen a vet! Please take your pup and her mama to the vet!
Good Luck!
Love, Rosie

"Answers is a service for dog lovers seeking every day advice and suggestions. Remember, however, that the answers provided are not a substitute for professional advice."

She needs a vet.

Gracie

OH gosh!!! sounds like a Puppy cold...
Upper respiratory!!
with out a doubt I would vet that puppy ...
I adopted a puppy at 6 weeks old and she had the same symptoms.. I vetted her immediately. The vets said pneumonia..
It required antibiotcs and possible breathing treatments ... The vets advised me to steam up the bathroom and take my puppy in to breath the steamy air to bring up any mucus.
It worked out... well. she was better with in a week.. but it did require anti biotics..
Puppys are susceptible to colds if they are not ket warm by the breeders... or the Mother is kept in a cold area...
good luck & vet your fur baby!!

Gracie answered on 8/4/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Reese

My puppy was the same way, and of course I made sure to mention it the next time we were at the vet. She was a bit older, but I assume your puppy is still with its mother (or I'd hope!). He seemed rather unconcerned and it turned out to be nothing. Mention it to your vet during the next set of shots, or call him/her up to ask what you should do if that date is still a few weeks away.

Reese answered on 8/5/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer