Abrams Tank SDiT

Thought the purpose of this site was to help dog owners not treat them like crap when they are doing all they can?

Many times I have posted questions and been snapped at or flat out treated like crap. I get the fact that some owners do care about dogs but NEVER ONCE have those who responded to my posted questions in the forums acted in the least concerned about my pets. Instead they rip into me telling me things like hand your dogs over to a rescue and forget them. When other people ask for transport help as I did once the dogster people are all ready to help but I asked for transport for ONE dog from my home to upstate new york and NO ONE bothered to even act like they read the posted request. I recently asked if my ex sister in law's pup would be alright after he jumped out the window of her moving SUV. I stated that he had seen a vet then when I updated about him people were like this is such and such a dogs owner dont waste your breath. Why not add in the words if you dont own show dogs or have tons of money dont bother asking anything. It makes those who may be first time owners wonder!

Asked by Abrams Tank SDiT on Sep 2nd 2012 in The Dogster Website

Answers

Jinx

Unfortunately the internet is a callous place. It can be difficult for everyone to care about everyone all of the time, especially without really knowing a person very well.

I have not seen your posts, but perhaps it was how the questions were presented that perhaps rubbed people the wrong way? Seeing as we only have letters and text to communicate, sometimes poor grammar can be frustrating and confusing and cause people to react in an immature matter.

As for the transport help, not everyone has time to read every post. Perhaps yours was missed. Looking for a transport service can be achieved through yellow pages searches as well as perhaps on yelp, so that may be why nobody responded.

I am sorry you have had a hard time. I wish I had a proper suggestion for how you can feel better, but perhaps understanding another perspective may help a little. Good luck.

Jinx answered on 9/2/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with the other poster. But there are a few people who frequent this site who are........well.....not very nice. Maybe they were the ones who responded to your questions. Also, like the other poster said, not all of us have the time to read every post. Especially this time of year when a lot of people are on vacation. I have noticed a big decline in postings on this site over the last few weeks. I just think its a busy time of year for everyone. Sorry your experience was not a good one. Hopefully, you will change your mind as this site becomes busier once the vacation days are over. As for the "Jumping out of the SUV" question, I went back and saw that some people did answer your question. Sometimes, as the previous poster said, if you are not clear or it seems like there are discrepancies in your story, we will not take you seriously. I really hope your dog is ok. Accidents can happen, even when we do everything right. Good luck with your pup. :)

In the beginning, many, many people, knowledgeable dog people, did attempt to help you and offer responsible suggestions which you always had a reason WHY you could not use. More suggestions were provided, still we only got excuses.
As time goes on, it is VERY evident that you are making no effort whatsoever to take care of your problems, specifically the repeated "mistake" litters and the failure to have these animals neutered. It is well known to those of us in the professional dog field that veterinarians DO NOT REFUSE to treat a dog due to the many reasons you claim... we have suggested you try a different vet but, more excuses on your part. We suggest using a rescue so these many, many poor dogs can be taken care of properly and neutered and placed in loving PERMANENT home. More excuses.
Anyone who doubts this history has only to read back thru your many family posts... it will become very evident that you apparently enjoy caring for your dogs this way and will not change.

Why come to Answers to complain, when you post in forums? I see it as attention seeking..just like the majority of your posts. You never take any advice over the years, your stories change like folks change socks. Example..Hailie & the 3 or 4 stories about her arrival...now she comes from SAR stock? Puppies falling through holes in the kitchen floor? Keeping intact dogs, irresponsible oops litters. Dogs *alerting at 5 days old. Seizures..no money for vet..yet you then get another dog. Dogs kept outside. On & on & on.
You had dogs taken away before..now let's see if i can list them all..Maggie..how's she doing with her meth house induced seizures? Cheveyo..wonder pup who alerted almost at birth. Drizzit, Tundra, Hailie...too underweight to spay, but you *thought she was spayed..oops..nope she got pregnant? Tank..& now Mojo. We know that somehow you will end up keeping Mojo due to some mysterious story about how only you can keep this dog alive.or how the owner didn't want him. Grow up

Shane DEC '08-JAN '12 RIP

ZOMG are you frickin serious? I've decided that the only reason you ask a question is for the attention, either positive and negative you will get. I honestly hope most of these dogs and their issues are made up, but sadly the reality is more likely you are a borderline hoarder that thinks of yourself as martyr and savior and the world is "out to get you." You need to let go of most of those dogs if they exist then seek some mental help for yourself.

Shane DEC '08-JAN '12 RIP answered on 9/3/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 6 Report this answer

Hilda, CGC

I actually just went back a few years and did some research. Early on, we had animal control"take away four dogs because I fed raw". And, the whole long story about how you couldn't get them back, come on!
Then, I counted current dogs. We have Tundra, Drizzit, Maggie and Hallie, and at least one of Tundra's "mistake" litter. We have Psycho, Topaz and Blaze plus the mother and at least two sisters. We have Mojo and Tank and who knows how many others, NONE of which are neutered unless Maggie?, and all resulting from "mistake litters", which were "not your fault".
We have dogs pictured lying around on heavy chains, and we have dogs escaping crates and falling thru the floor.
MANY have been placed MULTIPLE times and come back, half dead, abused, starved, some four or more times. Your vet checks consist of phone conversations.
This is by your own admission, from your own forum posts.
You consider this humane dog care?? Dogs do not deserve to live like this, you should be ashamed

Hilda, CGC answered on 9/3/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 8 Report this answer

Sabi

Wrong! I am horribly concerned about your dogs.
It sickens me that you are not. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Get your bitches spayed, stop pretending it was an accident and start acting like a responsible pet owner.
I see no happy, playing dogs. Just dogs chained up in the dirt. You repeatedly make excuses for adding to the dog population problem in your area. You tell us insane things like give a dog Boost, or give aspirin to a dog that may have internal bleeding. Get over yourself. If you were doing all you can none of this would be happening.
And stop slamming the site. Neither of my girls are show dogs and I spend my grocery money on dog food half the time. I have gotten more compassion and understanding on this site then I have from my own family, because I love my dogs and do the best I can. By the way my 2 year old female shares my house with an intact male and has yet to produce an oops litter. Deal with it!

Sabi answered on 9/3/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 5 Report this answer

I've been reading your posts over the years. I do not own "show dogs" (I have 2 shelter mutts) and I definitely don't make a lot of money. I also don't buy that most of these things have happened to you and your dogs. At least, I really really hope it's all made up for the dogs' sakes. Your stories don't add up, change frequently, etc. Please do not try to portray yourself as the innocent victim who has just been endlessly bullied by the big bad forum members. Advice was given over and over. Especially about the meth lab house. Yikes.

Yeah, sometimes people are jerks. Dogster members aren't vets, and often we don't have the right answers. But often people DO have great suggestions and are able to share great personal experiences.

On the other hand, people post some pretty ridiculous stuff. "My dog has been attacked by something, is bleeding like crazy, and seems to be in horrible pain. What should I do? I can't take her to the vet." Pets are expensive and they have emergencies/illnesses/need general medical care.mIf you're going to have one, you have to commit for paying for their care in those situations. Most vets are flexible and pet insurance is an affordable option, as well.

Long story short, sometimes a call to your vet to ask for advice AND a google search are faster and more productive.

Cuba

I agree, I'm new to this site and I have seen really rude answers. Makes a person not want to ask anything.

Cuba answered on 11/4/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Layla Lu

I completely agree with everything Wiley had to say. Grow up.

Layla Lu answered on 11/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with you man 100% websites like this are run by people who are VETS and have no real knowledge of dog training because I have been trained by the best dog trainers (Not Vets)in the world and can answer any question about dogs. These people have called me a liar and what I say is garbage but saying stupid things like the Army and Police dog trainers don't know what their doing "WOW." I know the best animal trainers in the world use markers and dogs at 6 months old can have Electric Collar training but the people who make and sell these collars have no idea about using them for Army or Police work. I love you man you got real balls you are a true Pack Leader don't ever believe in anything except what's in your heart and you will be right more times than wrong and may God Bless You And Your Family.